Parameters is an app for managing your project paramters. The main purpose of the parameters is linking the properties of BIM Model elements with the data that build.works needs to carry out processes as Quantity Take-Off, Planning, Scheduling and Budgeting.
In this sense, non-BIM model parameters can also be assigned to elements, activties, products, equipment and services, in order to define additional information.
- You must have a build.works account and a role with access to Parameters app using "Edit +View" authorization. Roles can be assigned to users in Users app. To modify a role, use Roles app
- You have a project and you are member of it. To create a new project, use New Project app. To add members to a project, use Project Members app.
- You have defined a repository in Repositories app.
1. Log in your build.works account
2. Open My Projects app and select a project.
3. On the Definition phase menu, click on Parameters tile.
4. The master view of the app will open where you can browse the local parameters classified by groups. To import parameters from Global Parameters app, click on Add button.
5. A pop-up window with the global parameters listed will open. Select the groups or parameters and click on Save button.
6. The newly imported parameters appear in the master view. Select the paramter to see its mapping(s) in the detail view.
- Only parameters with BIM Element Parameter usage can be mapped.
7. To add a new mapping, click on add button.
8. A pop-up window will open. Fill the mandatory fields, and click on add button.
9. To import a parameter from BIM model, click on Import button.
10. A pop-up window will open. Select the BIM Model file and click on Next button.
11. Choose the source parameters and the target. Click on Next button.
12. Fill the mandatory field and click on Save button.
13. The newly imported parameter appears in the master table.
Once you have defined your project's parameters, you might proceed with:
- The assignment of classification usages.