The main purpose of the Activity Set app is to define the scope of the take-offs' elements grouped in an activity set. This process will help you to allocate the activities that are considered in your boundaries and the ones that are carried out by subcontractors or another company.
- You must have a build.works account and a role with access to Activity Set app using "Edit+View" authorization. Roles can be assigned to users in Users app. To modify a role, use Roles app.
- You are member of a project. To add members to a project, use Project Members app.
- You have created at least one take-off in Take-Off app.
- You have defined scopes in Scopes app.
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. Open My Projects app.
3. Select a project.
4. Select Design & Engineering tab.
5. On the Design & Engineering phase menu click on Activity Set tile.
6. Click on Create Activity Set button.
7. A pop-up window will open. Fill the mandatory fields, select a take-off and click on Save button.
- You can group as many take-offs as it is needed in one activity set
- Change Copy from Activity Set switch to Yes to create a duplicate based on an existing Activity Set in your project.
- In Type field you may choose on of the next categories depending on its purpose:
- Main contract: used to define the boundaries of a business agreement usually between the general contractor and the client.
- Change Order: used to generate modifcations on an existing offering or main contract.
- Offering: used to create an offering or project proposal to the client.
- Execution: used by the general contractor to execute the project step by step.
8. Select the newly created activity set.
9. Select the elements to assign them a scope.
10. Select the scope and click on Save button.
- Scopes define if the elements are in or out the boundaries of whom is managing the project. They can be considered as:
- Own work: if the general contractor is directly in charge of the product and/or activities.
- Subcontractor: if the product is part of the boundaries but the general contractor is not directly responsible to accomplish the task.
- Out of the scope: if the element is not considered in the boundaries of the general contractor but it is added in the take-off because is related with another processes.
Once you have created a new Activity Set, you might proceed with: