- You are member of a project. To add members to a project, use Project Members app. To create a new project use New Project app.
- You have defined the default classification table of usage type Suggest Work Packages in Classifications Usage app.
- You have managed calendars data in Calendars app.
- You have managed the organizational structure elements in Organizational Structure app.
- You have created a bill of materials in BOM Viewer app.
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. Open My Projects app.
3. Select a project.
4. Select Planning tab.
5. On the Planning phase menu, click on Scheduling tile.
6. The master view of the app will open. Click on Create Schedule button.
7. A pop-up window will open. Fill the mandatory fields and Click on Save button.
There are 3 types of schedules:
- Schedule: real schedule applied for a specific project.
- Project Template: it is selected to create a template that can be used repeatedly for scheduling whole projects.
- Planning Area Template. it is selected to create a template that can be used repeatedly for scheduling work packages in different planning areas of the project.
Change Copy existing schedule switch to Yes to create a duplicate of an existing schedule.
8. A pop-up window will open where you can create a new task (WBS). Fill the mandatory fields and click on Save button.
9. The newly created WBS appears in the right-side graphics.
- In the schedule graphic visualization, you can see the tasks created based on the BOM activities. These activities are assigned to their correspondent work packages once you defined the appropiate activity filters to them.
- You can see the capacity planning(s) created for the project, on the top of the graphics, in order to compare it with tasks duration.
10. Select the task (WBS) and click Create or Create PAs button.
11. A pop-up window will open. Fill the mandatory fields and click on Save button.
12. Select a planning area or the WBS in order to enable the option to create a work package inside. Click on Create or Create WPs. button.
13. A pop-up window will open. Select task type Work Package and fill the mandatory fields. Click on Save button.
14. Select the work package.
15. Its detail view will open. Select Activity Filters section and click on Edit button.
16. Select the activity filters and click on Save button.
17. Newly added activities according to the activity filters appear in Activities section in the detail view.
- You can also see the activities added in the graphic visualization of the schedule.
Once you have created a Schedule, you might proceed with:
- The planification of Materials Requirement.