Product Library is an app for managing the master data of your products to be used in specifications of your projects. These products will be connected with the BIM model elements to calculate the required quantities.
How to create a new product?
- You must have a build.works account and a role with access to Product Library app using "Edit+View" authorization. Roles can be assigned to users in Users app. To modify a role, use Roles app.
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. On Account Launchpad, click on Master Data in menu or scroll down on Launchpad.
3. Click on Product Library tile.
4. The master view of the app will open where you can browse the products by default hierarchical classification table. To expand the hierarchy, use the expand icon .
- In Product Library you can access your Own Catalog where only the products created under your account can be seen. Public Catalog shows product master data shared by other accounts.
5. Select a product classification element, where you want to create a new product.
6. On the detail view, click on Create button.
7. A pop-up window will open. Fill all the mandatory fields with the appropriate information and click on Save button.
- There are different product types that define how a product is used:
- Phantom Assembly: logical assembly (BOM) of products always procured together.
- Produced: product that is produced by your organization.
- Purchased: product that is purchased by your organization.
- Sourcing Request: product that has to be sourced.
- Generic Product: product that cannot be purchased but shares common properties with products that can be purchased. Generic product helps you to facilitate product master data maintenance.
- Public toggle: No (default value) - product master data is not shared with other build.works accounts. Yes - product master data is shared with other build.works accounts.
8. A pop-up message will appear. Click on Navigate to open the detail view of the newly created product, or select it from the list under the corresponding classification.
9. In this 3rd column (detail view), you can maintain additional information of your product.
To view how to add more detailed information for each section, click on the desired title below.
- Documents: Additional files (URL or file upload) assigned to the product
- Classifications: Additional classifications of your product using classification tables (e.g. Omniclass 23, Omniclass 21) that apply for this product
- Procurement: Information related to production waste, order lead time and procurement safety time. You can also define, if the product procurement is project-based (procured always to a project) or stock-based (using general stock).
- Base Unit: Default unit of measure in quantity take-off
- Procurement Unit: Production or purchasing unit converted from base unit.
- Sales Unit: Sales unit of measure
- ERP Product: Reference to produce code in another business application
- Tags: category of quality, price, or another customized category
- Linked: connect the product with other product necessary to be applied, constructed, installed, etc.
- Usage: View projects where the product has been used
- PIR: View related Purchasing Info Records
- Technical Data: Parameters as defined for the classification item in the Product LoI app
- Activities: Default activities assigned to the product.