- You have a project and you are member of it. To create a new project, use New Project app. To add members to a project, use Project Members app.
- You have updated the global cost databases in Cost Database app.
- You have created a bill of materials in BOM app.
- You have updated and saved a price list in Price List app.
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. Open My Projects app
3. Select a project.
4. Select Planning tab.
5. On the Planning phase menu, click on Budget tile.
6. The master view of the app will open. Click on Create Budget Version button.
7. A pop-up window will open. Fill the mandatory fields and click on Save button.
There two ways of obtaining the sales prices
- Price List Based: prices are obtained directly from sales info records.
- Margin Based: prices are calculated based on the cost database and the % profit margin.
8. The newly created budget appears in the master view. Select one or more budgeting items by ticking their checkboxes.
9. On the detail view of the item, you can find the elements considered in the price. Select one or more elements by ticking their checkboxes.
- You can add additional cost by clicking on Add Costbutton.
10. A 3rd column will open where you can view the Resource Cost and Resource Sales sections.
11. You can add missing pricesby clicking on Editbutton.
12. A pop-up window will open. Enter the price and unit, and click on Next button.
13. Select the cost database and click on Save button.
14. To update prices in the budget according to cost database and sales info records updates, click on Import Prices button.
15. A confirmation is required to import the prices. Click on OK button.
You can lock the budget with the aim of disabling its editing.
- When you lock your budget, this disables to unlock any activity set used on it.
- When you lock your budget, this disables to edit the BOM used on it.
- When you lock your budget, this disables to edit any project activities used on it.
- If your budget is used in a quotation, unlocking is only enable for quotations in "Draft" state.
- Changing quotation state should also lock-unlock quotation line items, budget, activity set, take-off, etc.
Once you have created your project's Budget, you might proceed with:
- The planification of your project's Tasks and Activities.