Document Templates is an app for mantaining the format templates used to generate different documents in build.works. For example, quotations and purchase orders.
- You must have a build.works account and a role with access to Document Templates app using "Edit+View" authorization. Roles can be be assigned to users in Users app. To modify a role, use Roles app.
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. On Account Launchpad, click on Master Data in menu or scroll down on Launchpad.
3. Click on Document Templates tile.
4. The master view of the app will open where you can browse the existing templates. To create a new template, click on Create button.
5. A pop-up window will open. Fill all the mandatory fields and click on Select File button to search and upload a file from your device.
6. You can editor delete the existing templates in the master view.
How to create a template file in Word?
You can create a template file using Adobe Document Generation API in a word document.
1. Open a word document and click on Document Generation.
2. An area for author document templates will open where you can submit your JSON format.
3. You can obtain the JSON format for quotation in Quotation app. Select a quotation and on its detail view, click on Download JSON button.
4. In Word, in the author document templates, click on Upload JSON and select the document dowloaded in the step 3.
5. Click on Generate Tags.
6. Tags for every datum from the quotation will be generated.
7. Select in the word document where a specific datum must be shown, select the tag and click on Insert Text.
8. Repeat the process until subsitute all the quotation data for their concerning tags.
9. Once your template file is ready, upload it in Document Templates app by clicking on Select File and then, click on Save to create the template.
Please sign in to leave a comment.