- You are member of a project. To add members to a project, use Project Members app. To create a new project use New Project app.
- You have created a bill of materials in BOM Viewer app.
- You have added capacity records in Capacity Planning app.
- You have created process templates in Process Templates app.
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. Open My Projects app.
3. Select a project.
4. Select Planning tab and click on Planning Areas tile.
5. You can open an existing schedule or click on Create Schedule to create a new one.
6. A pop-up window will open where you must enter the mandatory information regarding the new schedule. Click on Save to add it.
7. In the newly created schedule, click on the arrow of the WBS.
8. The detail view of the schedule will open where you can view all the elements of the BOM. Select the elements by ticking its checkbox. Then, click on Create Planning Areas.
9. The planning areas will be added to the schedule structure and timeline, select them by ticking their checkbox.
10. Click on Assign Process Template.
11. A pop-up window will open where you can select a process template. Then, click on Assign.
12. In the timeline, the relations regarding the template assigned will appear. Click on Run Schedule to order according to the relations and lags.
13. A pop-up window will appear where you can select to order the planning areas by "Forward planning" based on a starting date, or "Backward planning" based on an ending date.
14. The planning areas will be scheduled based on the defined settings.
- You can click on the arrow of any planning area to open its detail view.