Process Template is an app where you can view, manage and create tasks or "work packages" arrangement based on the sequence they must follow in a standard production process. This "arrangement" is saved as a template to later be assigned to planning areas, and facilitate the scheduling of your entire project or at least the activity sets considered in your bill of materials. The "project" version of the app is to storage and manage the templates which are designed particularly for the selected project.
- You are member of a project. To add members to a project, use Project Members app. To create a new project use New Project app.
- You have defined the default classification table of usage type Suggest Work Packages in Classifications Usage app.
- You have defined the default classification table of usage type activity in Global Classification Usage app.
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. Open My Projects app.
3. Select a project.
4. Select Planning tab and click on Process Template tile.
5. The master view of the app will open where you can browse the existing process templates. Click on Create to generate a new template.
6. A pop-up window will open where you can enter the general information of the new process template. Click on Save to add the new template.
- Lag will be reflected in the planning areas with the same template according to the planning mode selected.
7. Select the newly created process template in the master table.
8. In the detail view, you can view, create and manage the work packages. Click on Create WP.
9. A pop-up window will open where you can enter the information of the work package. Click on Save to add the work package.
- It is possible to add a fix duration or select "Auto Duration". In the last case, the work package will calculate the duration base on the activities and products' quantity.
10. The newly created WP will apear in the timeline graphic view. You can add as much work packages as needed, to the template.
- You can assign a different color to each WP to identify them easily.
11. Select a WP to open its detail view where you can add activity filters to manage which tasks will be considered in the work package. Select the Activity Filter tab and click on Edit.
12. A pop-up window will open where you can browse the activity classifications or activities. Tick on their checkbox to select them, and click on Save to assign them.
- You can view the assigned activity filters in the detail view of the WP in the Activity Filter tab.
13. In the graphic view or timeline, you can create relations between the WP. Click over a WP to enable its relations assigning.
- Two squares will appear, one at the beginning and other at the end of the WP.
14. Select the start or end of the WP, and drag it to the start or end of other WP.
- After realease it, the relation will be created and automatically ordered in the timeline.
15. In the detail view of the WP, select the Relations tab. Here you can view, edit and delete the existing relations of the selected WP.