Take-Off is an app for defining and managing the elements that will shape your project. Here, you can create 3 different types of Take-Offs:
BIM: Take-off in which elements and their quantities are exported from a BIM Model repository.
BIM-based: Take-off is created based on a take-off type BIM and the elements are grouped by chosen parameters.
Manual: Take-off in which elements are exported from an excel file and/or created manually in the app.
- You have a project and you are member of it. To create a new project, use New Project app. To add members to a project, use Project Members app.
- You have defined a repository in Repositories app.
- You have defined the project parameters in Parameters app.
- You have defined the default classification table of usage type Model Elements in Classification Usage app.
1. Log in your build.works account
2. Click on My Projects tile.
3. Select a project.
4. Select Design & Engineering tab.
5. On the Design & Engineering phase menu, click on Take-Off tile.
6. The master view of the app will open where you can browse the project take-offs. Click on Create Take-Off button.
7. A pop-up window will open. Fill the mandatory fields, select a repository and click on Create button.
8. The newly created take-off appears in the master table, select it to open its detail view.
9. Select the elements and click on Save Selection button to save them in your take-off.
10. On the 3rd column you can edit the parameters' values by clicking on edit button.
11. If the element(s) failed the parameters validation, the invalid parameter will show a warning icon in the parameters column (3rd column).
- You can expand the 3rd column to full screen by clicking on full screenbutton.
12. On the detail view, there is a ribbon with different option for 3D visualization. Click on 3D Model Viewbutton, to visualize selected BIM model element(s).
- On the 3D Model View you can find a tab with the main tools likewise BIM 360 3D view.
Once you have created a new Take-Off, you might proceed with:
- The creation of an activity set.