Global Parameters is an app for managing existing parameters in your account. Their main purpose is to link the properties of BIM Model elements with the data that build.works needs to carry out processes as Quantity Take-Off, Planning, Scheduling and Budgeting.
In this sense, non-BIM model parameters can also be assigned to elements, activties, products, equipment and services, in order to define additional information.
How to manage Global Parameters app?
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. On Account Launchpad, click on Reference Data in menu or scroll down on Launchpad.
3. Click on Global Parameters tile.
4. The master view of the app will open where you can browse the parameters classified by groups.
5. Click on the Create button to add a new parameter.
6. A pop-up window will open. Fill the mandatory fields and select the usage(s) for it. Click on Save button.
- Change "Add to new project" toogle to "Yes", to attach the paramater to every new project.
7. The newly created parameter appears in the master view. Select the paramter to see its mapping(s) in the detail view.
- Only parameters with BIM Element Parameter usage can be mapped.
- If the parameter is used in any project or through Product/Activity/Service LoI, its editing would be disabled.
8. To create a new group of parameters, click on Edit Groups button.
9. A pop-up window will open. Click on Add button.
- Here groups can also be deleted.
10. A new field box will be created. Fill it with the name of the new parameter group and click on Save button.
- Empty groups do not appear in the master view.
11. To import a parameter from BIM model, click on Import form BIM Model button.
12. A pop-up window will open. Select the BIM Model file and click on Next button.
13. Choose the source parameters and the target. Click on Next button.
14. Fill the mandatory field and click on Save button.
15. The newly imported parameter appears in the master table.