Calendars is an app for creating working calendars including working days per week and exceptions (holidays) during the whole year. Here it is possible to create different calendars for distinct companies or plants. Calendars are necessary for planning capacity and scheduling the tasks in your project.
How to manage Calendars app?
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. On Account Launchpad, click on Reference Data in menu or scroll down on Launchpad.
3. Click on Calendars tile.
4. The master view of the app will open where you can browse the existing calendars. Select a calendar to open its detail view.
- You can create a new calendar by clicking on Create button.
- System calendars are templates of calendars for different countries with the national holidays already included and can be used to create a customized calendar. Click on Shown System Calendars button to open this area.
5. The calendar's detail view. Here you can visualize:
- The working hours per day and per week over the calendar. Edit this information by clicking the button Edit.
- The current day highlighted with pink on its margin.
- The nonworking days (weekends) shaded.
- The exceptions (holidays) with a blue mark on its lower side.
- Detailed information about the selected day.
- Below the calendar there will be three sections useful for its edition.
6. Select Work Week section to view the weekdays and their working hours. To edit them click on Edit button.
7. Select Exceptions section to open the days (usually holidays) when a particular consideration on the working hours is taken. Click on Add to create a new exception.
8. A pop-up window will open. Select the Name for the Exception Day and if it is not a Non-working Day, specify the working time. You can add dates if the exception is repeated; for example, for holidays it is necessary to add the dates for each year. Click on Save button to add the new exception.
9. Select Usage section to see in which project(s) the calendar is being used.