Stock Transfer is an app for reporting items transfers between your storage locations, and adjustments in the stock quantity of a specific storage location. Here you can generate a new transfer order, confirm when it is ready, and validate when it has been delivered.
- You must have a build.works account and a role with access to Stock Transfer app using "Edit+View" authorization. Roles can be be assigned to users in Users app. To modify a role, use Roles app.
- You have added storage locations to the corresponding plants. To add a new storage location, use Organization Structure app.
- You have created and managed products in Product Library app.
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. On Account Launchpad, click on Inventory in menu or scroll down on Launchpad.
3. Click on Stock Transfer tile.
4. The master view of the app will open where you can view all the stock transfers, adjustments or new entries. Click on Create.
5. Enter the general information regarding the stock update. Select Initial Stock Entry type.
You can choose from 4 types of "stock transfers":
- Initial Stock Entry: add new item(s) to the stock.
- Negative Adjustment: decrease the quantity of existing item(s) in stock.
- Positive Adjustment: increase the quantity of existing item(s) in stock.
- Transfer: report item(s) that have changed they storage location and update their stock quantity.
6. Inlcude new items in the order by clicking on Add. Click on Save to create the new stock entry.
- When you create a Initial Stock Entry you can add any item from the global product library. But, when you create an adjustement or transfer, you can only choose from products stock in the selected storage location.
- You can archive the transfer for later review.
7. If the order is correct, click on Confirm to update the information in the stock database. You can view the newly added items in Stock Overview app.
- After confirm the stock transfer, you cannot edit it anymore.