Assign Products is an app for linking the elements in your BIM model with the products from Products library app that are necessary for the construction or fabrication of them in the site. The correct assignment of the products to elements is a key step for further proceses of your project, because they contain information about prices, other subproducts/materials and activities.
- You are a member of a project. To create a new project, use My Projects app. Add users to your project in Project Members app.
- You have defined a repository in Repositories app.
- You have assigned the default classification table of usage type Model Elements and Products in Classification Usage app.
- You have created a take-off in Take-Off app.
- You have created an activity set in Activity Sets app.
- You have defined the products technical data parameters in Global Parameters app.
- You have assigned values for the product parameters in Product Library app.
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. Open My Projects app.
3. Select a project.
4. Select Design & Engineering tab.
5. On the Design & Engineering phase menu click on Assign Products tile.
6. Select an activity set.
7. The detail view will open.
8. Select the elements by ticking their checkboxes. Then on the 3rd column, click on the product to assign it.
- You can filter the searching of products by using the tabs in the ribbon
- It is possible to change the view format for the products using the ribbon located in upper right-side of the page (Grid view, Tree view, List view).
9. To unnassign a product select the element by ticking on its checkbox. The products assigned will be displayed, click on deletebutton.
9. When there is not an existing product that fulfill the elements requirements, click on Create a product sourcing request button.
10. Fill the mandatory fields and click on Create and Assign button.
Once you have assigned Products to your project's elements, you might proceed with:
- Assignment of Activities to your project's elements.