Assign Activities is an app for connecting the BIM and non-BIM elements with their correspond activities for their production or construction by the work center. Each activity assigned must contain information about its duration and the resources needed to be accomplished. In this sense, this step for the manage of our project is a key step for the correct schedulling and task planning.
- You are a member of an existing project. To create a new project, use My Projects app. Add users to your project using Project Members app.
- You have defined a repository in Repositories app.
- You have created a take-off in Take-Off app.
- You have created an activity set in Activity Set app.
- You have assigned products to the elements in Assign Products app.
- You have defined project activites in Project Activities app.
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. Open My Projects app.
3. Select a project.
4. Select Design & Engineering tab.
5. On the Design & Engineering phase menu, click on Assign Activities tile.
6. Select an activity set.
7. The detail view will open.
- The Status column in the table will show if the element has already an assigned activity or not, and if there is any missing data in the element quantity parameters to define the magnitude of the activities.
- In case there is missing data, it can be edited in the Take-Off app.
8. To assign activities based on the products assigned, select the elements and click on Update Products based Activities button.
9. To manually assign or change the element activities, select the element.
10. On the 3rd column, select the activities and click on Assign Selection button.
11. To see the activity’s details and edit them, click on the arrow located at the end of the activity row.
12. Click on Edit button.
- You can also edit the additional information of the activity.
13. A pop-up window will open where you can edit the activty data. Click on Save button to apply the changes.
14. To unassign an activity, select the activities assigned and click on Unassign Selection button.
Once you have assigned Products and Activities to your project's elements, you might proceed with:
- The usage of BOM app to visualize the Bill of Materials and save it.