How to create a new service?
- You must have a build.works account and a role with access to Product Library app using "Edit+View" authorization. Roles can be assigned to users in Users app. To modify a role, use Roles app.
- You have assigned a classification table to usage type Services in Global Classification Usage app.
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. On Account Launchpad, click on Master Data in menu or scroll down on Launchpad.
3. Click on Service Library tile.
4. The master view of the app will open where you can browse the services by hierarchical classification table. Select a service classification element, where you want to create a new service.
- In Service Library you can access your Own Catalog where only the services created under your account can be seen. Public Catalog shows service master data shared by other accounts.
5. On the detail view, click on Create button.
6. A pop-up window will open. Fill all the mandatory fields with the appropriate information and click on Save button.
7. The newly created service appears in the list under the selected service classification item. Click on the New Service row to see more detailed information.
8. In 3rd column, you can maintain additional information of your service.
These are the different types of additional information for your service.
- Documents: additional files regarding to the service.
- Classifications: change or select a more specific classification.
- Units: base units and purchase units
- Tags: category of quality, price, or another customized category.
- Usage: projects where the service has been used.
- Technical Data: parameters according to the Service LoI