- You are member of a project. To add members to a project, use Project Members app. To create a new project use New Project app.
- You have defined the default classification table of usage type Capacity Category in Global Classifications Usage app.
- You have created at least one plant in Organizational Structure app.
In order to add capacity records from BOM you must:
- Assign products type Produced to your elements in Assign Products app.
- Enable the use of BOM in capacity planning in BOM app.
1. Log in to your build.works account.
2. Open My Projects app.
3. Select a project.
4. Select Planning tab.
5. On the Planning phase menu click on Capacity Planning tile.
6. The master view of the app will open. In the upper side you will be able to create, edit and view capacity records of your project. In the lower side you can view a graphic showing the available capacity of the selected plant(s) in a defined period of time.
- In the available capacity graphic, you can view the work load of your current project and other ones which are under charge of the selected plant(s).
7. To create a new capacity record, click on Add button.
- You can add a capacity record based on BOM by clicking on Add from BOM button.
8. A pop-up window will open. Fill the mandatory fields and click on Save button.
9. The information of the newly added capacity record appears in the master view.
10. Customize the capacities graphic settings: Data Set (Day, Week or Month), Date Range, Phase and Plants.
Once you have checked the Capacity Planning, you might proceed with:
- The creation of a schedule for your project execution.