Work Center is an app where you can assign your project's tasks to workers, check and submit completion progress of tasks and check their status related to their planned start and end dates. In this app you can check the staff capacity of the organizational structure unit(s) according to the workload in different periods.
- You must have a build.works account and a role with access to Worke Center app using "Edit+View" authorization. Roles can be assigned to users in Users app. To modify a role, use Roles app.
- You have saved at least one task in Task Planning app.
- Task progress to completion is recorded in Shop Floor app. This is usually done by workers.
1. Log in your build.works account.
2. On Account Launchpad, click on Work Center tile.
3. The master view of the app will open where you can select one or more Organization Unit(s) to see their tasks. Click on select/change button in the searching bar
4. Select the organization unit(s) and click on Save button.
- Only organizations where you have a role are shown.
5. A table and a graph showing the planned and real dates for start and end of each task will open. The percentage of completion is also shown
- You can recognize in progress and unassigned tasks from their added icons.
6. Select the desired Planning Areas. Their detail view will open where you can browse the contained tasks sorted in 4 sections: “This Week”, “Later”, “Completed” or all "Tasks".
- If the progression of a task started after the planned start date, the date will be highlighted in yellow. If the task has or had not been completed before the planned end date, the date will be highlighted in red.
7. To assign a task, select it and the detail view will open. Select Assignment section, select the worker, and click on Assign button.
8. To accept or reject a task progress, select the task and the detail view will open. Select Work Done section, select Done tab, and click on Accept or Reject button.
9. To add a progress, select the task and the detail view will open. Select Work Done section, select Done tab, and click on Add button
10. A pop-up window will open where you can select responsible worker and the amount of progress. Click on Save and Accept button if the progress added can already be accepted. If not, click on Save button.
- If the progress submitted has an unreasonable amount of time regarding to the workload, it will shown a warning message.
11. You can access to addtional information for the task in Documents and Drawings sections. In Messages section, see, reply and send messages related to the task.
- In the master view of the app, there is the Labor section where you can see an analytics view of the workload by day, week or month in the selected work center(s).
- You can identify by colours the situation of the work center in different periods of time.
- Red = understaffed
- Green = staffed
- Orange = overstaffed
- You can see detailed information about one specific data serie by clicking on it.
Once you have assigned tasks to workers, you might proceed with: